This is the Basic Programming instructions for a DEI Aftermarket Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System.
In order to enter Learn Routine, the Valet/Program push button must be plugged
into the main brain's Blue 2 Pin Port (Look for a small black push button located under
the drivers dash or drivers kick panel somewhere). If you do not have the Valet/Program
switch, you may order it
1) Open a door and make sure the dome light is on.
2) Turn the ignition on to the RUN position or you may also start car.
3) Within 15 seconds press and release the Valet/Program push button
to select the channel you wish to program. For example, press and release
once for channel 1 (arm/disarm channel).
For Channel 2, press and release twice (trunk release).
For Channel 3, press and release three times (remote start).
(Some DEI systems require different programming for different channels)
Press and hold the Valet/Program push button once more. You should get a
confirmation chirp/horn-honk or a flashing LED light (If installed).
If you do not get a chirp/horn-honk the alarm may have a jumper in
the alarm that has the programming feature turned OFF (disabled).
4) Once the alarm chirps/horn-honks keep holding the Valet/Program push button.
5) Press the button on the transmitter that you would like to control the selected receiver
channel. A chirp/horn-honk will confirm that the code has been learned. If programming
more than one transmitter repeat step 5. Old transmitter codes will be dropped only
if programming 4 new transmitters.
6) Once the code(s) are learned, the Valet/Program push button can be released.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU