Here are the programming instructions for a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: NT8-15K6014CFFTXA
ROVER REMOTE KEY PROGRAMMING
First 3 methods are for early Rover models and the last 3 methods are for later Rover models with the BMW remotes.
1. Lock car by using key in lock
2. Move out of range and press button on fob for 5 secs.
3. Unlock car door with key but do not open door 4. Standing near the vehicle, press the dotted button 4 times very quickly, the door should lock 5. Then press the unlock button and door should unlock.
1. Remove remote battery and press any button on the remote to remove
any charge left.
2. Standing near the vehicle, re-insert remote battery and quickly press
the Unlock button 5 times quickly.
3. Remote should now be operational
This procedure is for single button plips with the 3AS unit.
1. System must be disarmed first, turn the ignition on and then off
within 3 seconds.
1. Open the tailgate and leave it open
2. Again, turn the ignition on and then off within 3 seconds.
3. If the procedure has been done correctly, the horn will sound briefly
and the alarm LED will come on and stay on.
4. Press the button of the first plip to be coded, the fob LED will come
on, go off and come back on again. If the 3AS unit accepts that plip,
the alarm LED will go off briefly and come back on.
5. Repeat this last procedure to code another plip, the maximum allowed
6. Exit the learning mode by turning the ignition back on.
PROCEDURES FOR LATER ROVER MODELS WITH BMW REMOTES
1. With the doors shut and from inside the vehicle.
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
3. Remove key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15
seconds during this time press the key lock button 3 times within 5
4. Release both buttons.
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.
To do this procedure you need to have one working key and one key that
needs to be programmed.
1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds)
to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to
the remote receiver antenna.
5) Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times.
Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then
key 1, vs 1 then 2.
Alternate if you do not have a working remote
1. Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly
2. Remove key
3. Hold unlock button then press lock button 3 times, release unlock
4. If you have another key do the same button pressing within 30 seconds
5. Turn on ignition to finalize.